• Woman owned business certification (WBE)
• Minority owned business certification (MBE)
• Disadvantaged Business Certification (DBE)
• 8(a) and SBE Certification
• Supplier Diversity and Public Procurement services
Diversify-NY, LLC provides nationwide services to Minority and Women Businesses to educate, mentor, and help leverage their capabilities to maximize opportunities and promote sustainability.
Diversify-NY, LLC is committed to assisting Public Agencies and Prime Contractors find qualified, certified MWBE companies that have the capability to meet or exceed requirements for products and service
- United States citizens.
- Minority businesses must be at least 51% minority-owned operated and controlled. For the purposes of NMSDC’s program, a minority group member is an individual who is at least 25% Asian, Black, Hispanic or Native American. Minority eligibility is established via a combination of screenings, interviews and site visits. Ownership, in the case of a publicly-owned business, means that at least 51% of the stock is owned by one or more minority group members.
- Must be a profit enterprise and physically located in the U. S. or its trust territories.
- Management and daily operations must be exercised by the minority ownership member(s).
*Additional minor eligibility criteria.
To learn more about the standardization process and some of the benefits of MBE certification, go to the link directly below.
(documents will vary by business types – below is a sample for corporations)
- The History of Business
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Articles of Incorporation
- Stock Certificates and Stock Ledger
- Minutes to Board of Director’s meetings as well as Shareholder’s meetings
- Bylaws (executed and attested) and Amendments (if applicable)
- All agreement(s) pertaining to ownership, operation, and control of the business
- Business cards that list appropriate corporate titles, copies of resumes, copy of driver’s licenses and proof of US Citizenship (Birth certificates or U.S. Passports only) for all Principals
- Corporate Bank Resolution Agreement(s) to include Bank Signature Card(s)
- Business Lease Agreement(s) (and Security Deeds if home-based)
- Proof of general liability insurance and in some cases bonding
- Copies of the businesses’ cancelled checks
- The Certification process can take up to 90 days.
- Before you begin the online application, you will need to register on our site.
- When completing the application, feel free to take as long as needed.
- Your information will be saved for your next session and is completely confidential.
- The processing of your application will begin when payment is received.
- Application and documents are reviewed for completeness.
- The Certification Committee meets regularly to review applications for MBE Certification.
- The Certification Committee must approve the application before it can be submitted to the Board for final approval.
- The Board will review the Certification Committee’s recommendation and make the final decision.
- If your application is approved, you will be notified via e-mail and postal mail.
- If the Board rejects your application, you may submit a letter of appeal.
"Diversify New York helped us through the certification process
and within 1 year, our revenues tripled. We are now the fastest growing
minority owned plumbing company in Central New York."
-Nadonte Jones, Owner-NJ JONES PLUMBING, LLC NYS CERTIFIED MBE
"Diversify-NY helped me to realize my company's
true potential.Diversify, grow and get to the next level."
-Eli Smith, ESmith Contracting